Saturday, April 24, 2010

Improvement Accomplished

*gasps for air*

I'm back. For good this time. Yes, I thought in the last two weeks I would never blog again because life is just TOO busy and TOO stressful to take time to write. I also promised myself I wouldn't write again until things got better. Of course, because everything is temporary things did improve.

1 unexplained baby fever, 2 carpal tunnel wrists and a broken toe later, I'm back in the groove. And better than ever because I survived, damnit! For the first time in a long time, I let myself give up. It's not something I'm proud of, but I did. I got really frustrated about having no 'me' time, and that my baby was ruling my life, and that dal still hadn't gotten back to me, and that Mike didn't get into art school, and that my body wasn't listening to me at all and deciding to hurt whenever I tried to get things done.

Oh yeah. Mike didn't get into art school...well, kind of. The denial letter he got was conditional. He is now being given the opportunity to revise his portfolio under the supervision of a prof from the school because he has 'potential'. I personally think his so-called potential is fully-flowered genius, but I'm not on the admissions committee, so what I think is fairly irrelevant. The issue is that Mike doesn't do realism, both of us thought realism was boring to include in a portfolio (because it is) and so it wasn't there. The admissions committee took this as inability. However, it's very hopeful that they gave him a further opportunity to prove himself.

I, on the other hand, have called my school three times last week, to be told three different times that I would finally know their decision on my fate. The current story is that I should know by noon, Monday. I am, if you haven't noticed, dear reader, a fairly impatient person. I'm sure it takes years off my life, but I don't know any other way to function. I just think people like me should be put to the front of the line in general, as it saves hassles for everyone involved.

Anyway, my toe is healing, the baby's fever is gone and hopefully a tooth is going to pop through soon and end this intermittent bawling. He seems quite happy and then suddenly he'll melt down. My carpal tunnel syndrome is still bad. My ace bandage has become my constant companion, and I know I need to go to the doctor but I'm really finding it hard to fit that in my schedule. Wait times in Toronto are insane. I'm probably looking at four hours wait time at least. Yuck. With Ender's birthday party in the planning stages, and my life getting back on track after a long hiatus, I just can't seem to figure out when that four hours would fit.

Ah! Mike has returned home with a much deserved bottle of wine. Until next time, which will be soon. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment